Sunday, December 12, 2010

Race day

I'll upload some pictures soon, honest I will.

In other news, unrelated to children, today is race day. I'm participating in the "Egg Nog Jog" 10km race. It looks like a bit of a difficult course, lots of hills so my goal is just to cross the finish line. I hope not to come 600 out of 600, but we'll see.

Unfortunately, they are calling for a massive snow storm today. It must be a Canadian thing, to hold outdoor running races in the winter! Nobody else would be that crazy. I should add that the race sold out too, weeks in advance. They don't call us crazy canucks for nothing.

EDIT: DID IT! It was icy and rainy, but I did it. I didn't come in 600th either. I'm just so happy that I ran 10.8 km. Never thought I'd do something like this.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, good for you. I was mighty pleased with myself when I ran 5k...hmm, that was many moons ago. You are an inspiration to me. I need my butt kicked in gear.

    Jill

    ReplyDelete