Friday, June 15, 2012

interesting day

Quick update. Psychologist was very interesting. I must say that I felt like she was analyzing all of us, which I'm sure she was. Made me nervous to the point that I think I answered her questions not very intelligently.
Not all about me anyway. B thought it was a fun place to visit, there was an amazing doll house that she played with for the whole time. She can't wait to go back.

Fairly safe to say that B has some attachment issues and trauma related to loss and living 2 years in an orphanage. Won't know for sure until we have a few more appointments.
What a time to quit one's job, even if it was just part-time. Private therapy was not in our budget, but you have to do what you have to do for the best interest of your child.

The OHIP covered therapy just sent us a letter in the mail yesterday to say we are on their waiting list, a 12-16 month long waiting list!
We will go private for now, I am not waiting another year just to have an assessment done on my child who has waiting already far too long.
I feel so sorry for people who have children with more serious mental health issues. I hope that they would be pushed to the front of the line, because 12-16 months is far, far too long for a family to wait for help.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, 12-16 months is far too long. This would also be very similar in my western province.

    Hoping your next appointments go well and you are able to get some much needed information and a plan on how to go forward.

    ReplyDelete