Tuesday, August 9, 2011

I think I'm having writer's block, well except I'm not a writer. I've started countless posts only to erase them after 1 sentence. Not that there isn't a lot going on around here, I just don't feel like blogging about it.

I have joined QQ (chinese version of facebook) and have been chatting with one of Avery's birth cousins. He has been so gracious in answering my 500 questions about Avery's birth family and he has also passed on my messages to Avery's birth father.
In turn, I think I'm helping him with his English. I really don't have the hang of QQ at all, but I can manage the chat part.


The girls have been enjoying their summer, although Avery really wants winter to come back. She really does not like the heat and misses the snow. I still find it amusing that my mid-southern Chinese girl loves the cold Canadian winters.
Brennyn, on the other hand, is not a fan of winter or really a fan of the hot summers. She`s more of a spring or fall kind of a girl!

3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean...hard to bring myself to share.
    wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much is too private, especially regarding Avery's history. I have been learning so much, and can't wait until Avery is able to chat (if she wants to).

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear you are in contact with a family member and are getting your questions answered! :)

    I got my BP report back from B.Stuy this week. It doesn't look easy, but I'm definitely not ruling anything out. Lilah and I went to see Kung Fu Panda 2 today in an old theatre in our area, it certainly hit a few emotions for me, Lilah is still young although questioned me on why the panda only had a Daddy. I did appreciate this quote, thought I would share it with you...

    "Your story may not have such a happy beginning but that doesn't make you who you are, it is the rest of your story, who you choose to be."

    Jill

    ReplyDelete