Monday, July 16, 2012

Let me just start by saying, it's never good news when your family doctor personally calls you. Not that it's really bad news either, but you know something is going on.

I was due to have an appt. in a few days to discuss my latest round of ultrasounds (I can't count the number of ultrasounds I have had over the years for fertility related testing, low platelets, fun little polyps and fibroids, etc.

This time the ultrasound was to see if my doc. could find a reason for my occasional night sweats and chronic low platelet counts.
Suddenly, I am off to see an internest and have a CT scan done (never had one of those before).

I am nervous this time around, really nervous. I've seen an oncologist, or two in the past (for the low platelets) but they have always dismissed the low platelets and sent me on my way.

Well, it looks like my spleen has decided to grow some nodules, and I may have some sort of infection. Who knows how long these lovely little nodules have been taking up residence on my spleen.

I guess one way of looking at this, is that I wasn't imagining the night sweats and I certainly was not wasting my Dr.'s time (she would never ever think that, but I always do).

Did I mention that I was nervous??

2 comments:

  1. I hope you are able to find some answers out quickly. The waiting between doctor's appointments and results can be very nerve wracking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weird. My Mama has low count, night sweats and shakes etc, they just found 2 nubs on her pancreas (not spleen). Dismissed her, told her to get re-tested in 6 months ?

    I hope it's nothing serious (I did read your newest posts so am glad to hear so far so good). I also really hope you get some relief from the night sweats. Everyone needs a good nights sleep :)

    ReplyDelete