Thursday, July 26, 2012

Phew

Got the call from the Doctor, he is happy with the CT results. There is something showing and I quote "yes, there are some funny things in there". Have to love the medical terms, lol.

Basically, I have some scarring on my liver and spleen which looks to have been caused by some sort of infection I had once upon a time (he did use a long medical term for that, but it went in one ear and out the other).
Could have been the mono I had as a young college student or the infection that landed me in the hospital for a week when I was 6 or 7 (details are hazy on that one, I just remember waking up one night in a lot of pain and my mom rushed me to the doctor who in turn sent me to the hospital with some sort of strep virus). You don't realize the long lasting damage these little infections can cause!

Anyway, long story short, he will see me in a year just to reassess but he is not worried. Therefore, I am not worried! It would be different if I was in pain or something, but I feel all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment