Monday, April 16, 2012

More questions (I know I posted about this before, but Brennyn keeps asking)

I always find that bedtime is becoming question time for Brennyn. It's interesting, Avery has never been one to ask a lot of questions about birth family, adoption or any other heavy subject. Yet, we know she is thinking about it. I just make sure to bring the subject up every now and then. Brennyn, on the other hand, does not internalize. Whatever thought pops into her head, comes out her mouth. Brennyn wants me to find her birth mother. She told me that she wants to say "ni hao". It's difficult to explain to her that I may not be able to find her birth mother. It's also difficult to explain that why her birth mother could not raise her. I don't want to say that it's because she was born with syndactyly and a missing finger but I am fairly certain this is the reason. I tried to say that I don't know the reason, only her birth mother knows for sure. Of course, that answer did not cut it with Brennyn. I also explained that she was probably very sick as a baby (she was probably born with a bad rash, red skin, part of the syndrome). We have officially started the search for Brennyn's birth family, but I'm not so sure if the search will even get off the ground this time (we are using a different search organization this time). It's going to be like looking for a needle in a haystack, but sometimes someone finds that needle!

No comments:

Post a Comment