Friday, May 4, 2012

Decisions, decisions

Gave my notice in at work today, after 10 years (on and off due to parental leave). Yes, I gave my notice last year as well, but it was more of a leave. This time it's for real. I am very, very fortunate that my husband has a fairly decent paying job (make that 2 jobs). I honestly do not know what we would do if I had to work full-time right now. We have some additional appointments coming up for Brennyn, not going to get into the details right now. It's just a very busy time, and if I was working I do not know what I would do. I am also thankful that we live in a country/province where there are so many services available to help. Yes, you have to do a little digging to find them, but there they are. I love my little girl, she is such a special, beautiful person. I just wish she did not spend the first 2 years of her life in an orphanage (and she was at "one of the best orphanages", whatever that means). To those who think that international adoption is not necessary any longer, I strongly disagree. No child should have to live without a family. My daughter has a long road ahead of her, on top of her rare medical diagnosis. It's not fair that a child should have all these burdens, it just isn't.

1 comment:

  1. No, it isn't fair that a child should have those burdens. It just isn't.

    ReplyDelete