Thursday, September 20, 2012

Happy Brennyn Day

Tomorrow is the third anniversary of the day we met our youngest daughter. Three years, my goodness. I can only think that if we were to go back to China tomorrow, no-one would recognize this little girl, she has come so very far in three short years. She is a strong, brave, sweet child. Her strenth amazes me, I am so proud to be her mother. I don't care that people may stare at us when she acts a little "crazy" in crowds. In fact, I want to turn to them and explain how exraordinary this child is, and how sick she was three years ago. I want to tell them how much this child has gone through in the first 5 years of her life, but it's none of their business.

We love you Brennyn Yi Rui. We are privileged to call you our daughter. I will never forget the day we met. I will never forget our time in China, it was hard but we made it work didn't we. I knew you were one special kid the first second I saw you (I know, I'm your mom so I am biased but it's so true). You are a fighter, my daughter and you make me so proud!

Our first picture together, above.

3 years later!

No comments:

Post a Comment