Monday, November 5, 2012

Happy Avery Day




Six years ago we were waiting in a conference room in Jiangxi China with 17 other adoptive families from our travel group. We were one of the last names to be called. Mr. Tu placed you in my arms and I became a mom and we became a family.
I started to cry (a mixture of complete happiness and a little fear) and you started to cry (your tears were a mixture of a lot of fear, hunger and overheating).
You cried for three hours.
I remember your Dad telling me to take off some of your layers (it was 25 degrees in the hotel room, and you were dressed in 4 layers of clothes. We were in shorts and we were sweating). All I could remember were our social workers advice "don't change her out of her clothes right away, it is all she has that is familiar to her". I did not want to change you, but in the end I finally took away a few layers and fed you.
You woke up the next morning and smiled at us. You had your Dad wrapped around your finger at that moment. You are two peas in a pod!

I can't believe how quickly the last 6 years have gone. You are one smart, athletic, strong willed, play by the rules, old soul type of girl.

I love you to the moon and back a million times, Avery Fu!!

No comments:

Post a Comment