Saturday, October 3, 2009

Ahh, jet-lag

I swear I will post pics soon, honest. Haven't had a chance to upload photos yet. Although I could probably do it while I am awake at 2:00am. Jet-lag and I just don't get along.
I have been napping when Brennyn naps, but it is harder when you also have a 3 1/2 year old at home who missed her mommy and daddy.

Actually, Avery had a great time with grandma and nana. We definitely made the correct decision in keeping her at home. It would have been a nightmare for her in China. She is getting used to her little sister, but it can't be easy for her. Brennyn gets so upset if Avery hugs me or Blair. Brennyn likes us to only pay attention to her. She has taken a swing at Avery already, but Avery has been so good. I do believe Miss Brennyn is very used to fighting for things at the orphanage.

The nanny did say that Brennyn was very quiet, except for when she screams or cries. That was an understatement. That girl has an amazing set of lungs. I feel so sorry for anyone who was on our plane from China to Toronto on Thursday. Let's just say that Brennyn probably screamed for half the flight. We won't be going on any planes for a very, very long time.

We're also working on the sleep situation. Trying to decide if I should try the crib. Brennyn has been sleeping with me (or on me) since we met her. She has nightmares and screams while sleeping. If you try to talk to her, she screams harder. The only thing that works is rocking (and that is only sometimes). Thinking the crib thing may set her back. The only problem is that I don't sleep well with a 2 year old tossing and turning.

This post is so all over the place, blame it on the jet-lag!

2 comments:

  1. M was in the bed with us for awhile after coming home, I moved her then to a bed next to our bed, then a tent in our room, and then to her room.
    Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, you poor girl, I totally feel for you. That must be so hard for her and you too.

    I have no words of wisdom since I have never been in the situation, but I sure am thinking about you.

    I do know what jetlag is like though, and it is rough, I can't even imagine what's it's like with two children and one that needs to sleep with you all the time.

    Hugs, Jill.

    ReplyDelete