Friday, October 30, 2009

I knew it was only a matter of time

Avery said it, the one sentence I've been waiting for "When is she going back".

Avery and I were in the car, running errands. I was trying to have some Avery and mommy alone time. We are at a stop light and Avery mumbles "why is Brennyn taking so long". I have no idea what she is talking about so I said "do you mean why she sleeps so much"? "No, I mean why is she taking so long". Still not getting this I ask again, "honey, what do you mean". "Mommy, why is she here so long?"

I couldn't help it, I started to chuckle a bit (that's why I nominate myself for mother of the year again).

I did manage to choke out that Brennyn lives with us, we are her family, etc. Avery asked again "when is she going back to China". I explained that Brennyn is her sister, to which Avery replied "no she isn't" and "She cries a lot".

I just had the talk with her again at bedtime, but I still don't think she is convinced!

1 comment:

  1. I smiled when I read this post too. I think it's cute and innocent!

    Poor Avery. It must be so hard for the first child.

    Jill

    ReplyDelete