Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween take two




Avery and Daddy were out for almost 2 hours, and it was freezing! She had the best time and has the biggest bag of candy I have ever seen. I've sampled a few treats just to make sure they were safe.

Also, because I have nothing better to do, I decided to make Halloween sandwiches for lunch. Bat, ghost and pumpkin shapes just make the egg salad taste so much better.

Avery designed her own pumpkin this year (with a little help from Dad). She even scooped out the guts herself and Daddy carved, while I entertained Miss Brennyn.

Yes, I did dress up in a star trek uniform this year. My usual creative Halloween skills seem to have taken a dive this year and 30 minutes before the kids started ringing the door bell this was all I had. It was Blair's idea (I think he wants to blackmail me, so I am beating him to the punch) since it is his star trek stuff. This only makes sense to people who know us, Blair being the rabid fan and me not so much (as in not at all).
I do love this picture though, Brennyn looks like she has some serious 'tude!

We are off to get the H1N1 shots tomorrow, or at least we are going to try. Apparently, there is a shortage right now. I think the whole town may be lining up for their shots tomorrow (it's the first day the vaccination is available here).

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Dayna! Surrrrrre, you go ahead and blame Blair! :) Just kidding!

    Brennyn does look so cute with an attitude! Heh! :)

    Good luck with the shots. I'm hoping to wait until mid November, but then again there may not be any left. What to do?

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool pumpkin! The girls look so cute!

    I LOVE Star trek--TNG, but the shows after that leave me cold. The original is a trip, but so corny it is hard to get past. The movies are pretty good too. I love your costume though!

    ReplyDelete