Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Poor kid, sick of Doctors already

Saw the pediatrician today. Brennyn started screaming as soon as the secretary/nurse tried to measure her. It brought back bad memories! Last week Brennyn had to have a sore drained, it took me, the doctor and a nurse to hold her legs down. I don't think Brennyn is going to forget that experience for a long time.

The good news is that she doesn't need to see the ped. again. He feels confident that Brennyn is healthy enough to stick with our family doctor (except for the plastic surgery, but he has nothing to do with that anyway). Speaking of family doctor, I am very impressed with mine. She just called me at 8:30 pm from her clinic. I was surprised to say the least.

Anyway, Brennyn does score high for height on the North American charts. Don't know why I was surprised, she is almost as tall as Avery (of course, Avery is barely on the charts for height, but I digress).

Speaking of Avery, let's just say that I am happy we don't have to see that Dr. again because I was a tad embarrassed by my eldest daughter's behaviour today. Wow, it was like she was possessed by another child. Usually, she is shy around other people which works in our favour (people think she is really well behaved). Nope, not today, unless running around the room while the doctor is trying to speak to us is your idea of well behaved. Oh, and she also played the bongos with his chair, while he was sitting on it. There may have been a few moments of crying and screaming thrown in as well. Good times!!
Seriously, I think she was jealous that the doctor was only paying attention to Brennyn (just another hunch).

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear Brennyn is doing well, sorry she had to be so scared though.

    Love it! They know they exact right moment to act out don't they? When they are always so well-mannered it is very unnerving when they find the opportunity.

    ReplyDelete