Monday, November 23, 2009

When it rains, it pours

The only thing I can do is laugh, it's just my luck.

Guess who needs a root canal?? Give up, why yes it's me. What the freak? I go in for my routine visit at the friendly neighbourhood dentist. No cavities, check, gums look good, check. I thought I should mention that my front tooth has been a little sensitive lately, I'm sure it's no big deal. The hygienist's thought the same thing, but recommended having an x-ray because I did have that tooth filled years ago (chipped tooth). First thing the dentist says is "I think you need a root canal, you can probably wait until January though". Gee, thanks.

What is the cause of this root issue? Sure, you think it's just a chipped tooth, but apparently, your root can be damaged and not bother you for decades! Here is the moral of the story: don't hit the bottle when someone is drinking out of it. My friend in 5th grade hit my juice bottle, causing me to chip my tooth, and 25 years later a root canal!
Or, it could have been the time in University when I was drinking a beer on the dance floor and someone bumped my arm, again causing my tooth to chip but I digress.

Oh, and I also found out I'm having some minor day surgery next week. See, when it rains it pours.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you feel better soon! Good luck with the surgery as well.

    ReplyDelete