Saturday, November 21, 2009

Have to say that yesterday was not a banner parenting day! Or course, it also wasn't Avery's best behaved day either.
Let's see, it all began with Avery ramming her sister with the kiddie shopping cart, pushing her over, body slamming her (that one is Dad's fault, he let's Avery watch him play wrestling on the x-box), and more.

It came to a boil when she had a fit because I put her in time out for the 100th time and she smacked my arm. Not a good move my little angel. I do admit that I may have lost my cool and the neighbourhood may have heard a little shouting. I swear I used to have so much patience, where has it gone??

Anyway, we had to miss the moonlight magic tree lighting festival that evening. It was a difficult punishment, only because I really wanted to go. However, nothing else was working. Once I explained that Santa was there, all her friends were there and that she would not be able to have any of the hot chocolate, the crying began. It was really because Avery loves her hot chocolate, but whatever works.

That was our fun day, good times. Let's hope we make it to the Santa Claus parade this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment