Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I could only avoid it for so long

Gymnastics. You were my Nemesis when I was a child. I finally mastered a cartwheel in my twenties. Oh, how I tried, but my uncoordinated body would not cooperate. I even joined the gymnastics team in high school (my best friend at the time was a member) but didn't last long. Even the coach knew it wasn't going to happen (but she let me try and was very encouraging).

I avoided taking Avery to gymnastics for 3 years. Finally, yesterday I caved. Avery's little friend invited her (okay it was her mom) to the "bring a friend day". There was no way out.
Avery LOVED it. I'm sure, if she could have she would have stayed all day. I knew she would love it. She runs around the house doing splits all the time. She is so flexible, just like her mother ha ha. I swear I am not bragging, the kid is good.

I hate to admit this, but the only reason I have not signed her up for gymnastics is the cost. It's not too pricey for the little kids, but if you decide to become competitive the cost is crazy.

Oh well, she's been hooked. Looks like someone is heading to registration in March.

Oh, and Brennyn tried the parent and tot class. Let's just say that her gymnastic enthusiasm was a lot closer to her mother's.

1 comment:

  1. Oh isn't it fun?!

    Lilah loves it too, I wouldn't say she's super good or anything, but it is fun and they get to socialize together. I just can't wait until the day that she can go with the instructor on her own! Getting up and down tires me out. I'm not good at the exercise thing either!

    Jill

    ReplyDelete