Tuesday, March 9, 2010

germs strike again

I don't think I've ever been so scared. Brennyn woke from her nap this afternoon still half asleep. She didn't really want to get out of bed, which isn't that abnormal for my nap lover. However, while I was attempting to put her boots on (beautiful day here in Ontario, wanted to get outside) she started to close her eyes. She was very lethargic and warm to the touch. I didn't realize how warm until Blair took her temperature, it was 40 degrees (I think that is 104 F).

Called the doctor, ours wasn't in but we were able to see one of the other partners. Let's just say that I really appreciate my doctor now that I've had to see someone else. Anyway, she said to monitor the situation, give her meds and take her to the ER is the fever doesn't break. All this after saying how quiet and well behaved Brennyn is. Um, yes because she is ILL! This girl doesn't stay still for a second, especially at the doctor's office. She was passing out in Blair's arms!

Anyway, 5 hours later, her fever has finally broken for now. We don't know what caused it and the doctor really didn't seem concerned. To be fair, she doesn't know Brennyn's history like our doctor but still. Luckily, we already have and appointment booked for her ears on Friday with our regular doc.

2 comments:

  1. Get better soon little one! I am sorry you had such insensitivity, if it helps at all our ped says it is fairly common to go that high at that age even without any apparant cause. It scares me too! Best wishes to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOodness...I hope she is feeling better and back to her ole self again.

    The pics are too cute ! I can't believe how much Baby B's hair is growing :)

    ReplyDelete