Monday, March 15, 2010

Time



Sometimes it feels like the days are passing so quickly. A week goes by, a month and before you know it 5 months have gone.
Brennyn has been home for over 5 months. The first 2 months were a blur due to lack of sleep, stress, illness and adjustments for all.
Brennyn has changed and grown so much in 5 months. She doesn't even look like the same little girl we met in Xi'an almost 6 months ago.

Brennyn is such a cuddly, happy (for the most part), outgoing little girl. That is a major change for her. I don't think she smiled in our first week together, and not very often in the second week either. She loves to run up to her mommy and whisper "I wuv you". She is always giving me hugs, even if it's my leg because that's all she can reach.
I'd love to say that all the hard stuff is behind us, but that would be a lie. The slightest bump or look from the dogs can set her off in an instant (yet the next minute she'll be chasing them wanting to play). Let's just say that her loud scream has not diminished.
Oh, but her laugh, it is the sweetest sound. No matter how foul your mood, once you hear that laugh you can't help but smile.

She adores her big sister, I'd love to say the feeling is mutual but that may take a little more time. She is always asking "where Arie"? followed by "oh, dare she is". She loves to sing the 3 little monkey song and will ask me (while grabbing my lips if I'm singing something else)"nooo, sing monkey tree". Honestly, the first time she said I had no idea what she was asking for. Avery shouted from the other room "mom, she wants the monkey song" (trust me there was an implied duuuhhhh in her voice).

I wish I could adequately describe how much I love my daughters. They are teaching me to see the world, and life, in a different way.

3 comments:

  1. Aww, what a beautiful post.

    And I have to say it melts my heart reading about the "I wuv yous". She sounds adorable and look how she has changed, WOW! That is huge! And she hasn't even been home half a year yet. Crazy.

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I forgot to add, her smile in the first picture, it's simply fabulous! I remember worrying and feeling so bad for her in your first few posts after China.

    Not so now, she's SO happy. Amazing!

    Jill

    ReplyDelete