Monday, January 9, 2012

Don't leave a jar of vaseline in a 4 year old's bedroom

I'm sure you can guess what transpired, and it wasn't a good scene. I was out picking Avery up from gymnastics, but arrive home in time to see Brennyn in her birthday suit telling me that she's getting her pajamas on. Okay, I think, this is good, she's finally getting dressed by herself. Plus, her Dad is up there anyway, so all is good. I get Avery her dinner and finally make my way upstairs. Blair is getting ready for work (and checking e-mails). Brennyn excitedly tells me "I'm putting on my own cream too Mommy". Now, I'm slightly concerned and quickly run into her room. My darling husband is all "don't worry, she's just getting her pajamas on like I told her". Sure enough, she's put her cream on. My brand new jar of vaseline (it's the only thing that works for her skin, and it has to be the original, super greasy vaseline) is now half empty. Brennyn is covered in vasoline, head to toe! Oh, and here is a tip: Do not try and wash vaseline off in a tub! This may be common sense for most people, but not moi. I've had to scrub that tub down 3 times so far, and it's still a slippery, shiny vat of vaseline. You can't say life is dull around here! Oh, and my darling husband is in the dog house.

No comments:

Post a Comment