Friday, July 9, 2010

I do it!

Brennyn's speech has taken off. It's amazing to me how fast children can learn a language. In our case, having an older sister to copy has made a big difference.

Brennyn's favourite thing to say right now is: I DO IT. She says it about once every 5 minutes or so. I love it. She is becoming such an independent 3 year old, even getting into her carseat all by herself.

She also loves to say "corner Avery". For some reason Brennyn loves it when Avery is sent for time out. She doesn't love it as much when she has time out. Yes, had to start the time outs for Brennyn, some may not agree with it (never said I was super nanny, hmm what's the opposite of super nanny). Her time outs are very infrequent and usually involve hitting Avery or the dog. I will say that I find it difficult to put her in time out for giving her sister a wallop, because Avery is in her face pushing every last button. That's my Avery, what can I say. She's an expert button pusher at the age of 4.

Let's see what else does Brennyn say lately:
"ohhh, a bird in sky"
"oh thank-you mommy" (I love it, you'd have to hear her say it to understand, so cute)
"good dinner mom bum" (thanks goes to Avery and Blair for that one).
"where mommy" "oh, there you are"
"treehouse on now" (again, thanks to Miss Avery)
"I wannnnt it" "me, me, me" "mine, mine, mine" (Avery and Brennyn)
"NOOOOOOO"

Brennyn still says hello to everyone. Sure, people think it's so cute, but it's something we have to work on. She is very attached to her mommy, always looking around for me, hugging me, etc. However, she still displays some of the characteristic behaviours of having lived in an orphanage for 2 years. One of which is attention getting. I believe that, while she is a very outgoing child, Brennyn says hello to people because she gets more attention. She was in a CWI that had many, many visitors. Families would visit the orphanage, officials, etc. (it was a very large CWI) and often bring treats for the kids. I would imagine that the more outgoing and friendly you were, the more treats/contact/attention you could be given.

1 comment:

  1. Good dinner Mom bum!!

    Hahha! Goodness, that's too funny! I love how they pick up these little things and they know they're kinda wrong, but it just fuels them to want to say it more! Lol!

    Lilah has started climbing into the carseat herself too. I am finding 3 is a bit more challenging than 2! ...if you know what I mean! :)

    Jill

    ReplyDelete