Friday, July 2, 2010







I'm not sure who was more excited about the birthday, Avery or Brennyn. Avery was awake at 6:30 (after a late night too) ready "it's party time mom". She assisted in all the present opening "because I'm the big sister", and tried out all the gifts.

There was a slight cake disaster in the morning, but after an emergency trip to Shoppers Drug Mart for cake mix it was all good (holiday in Canada, so no grocery stores were open). I will say this, just because you watch ace of cakes, an expert cake baker this does not make. Also, for future reference to myself, make the cake the day before! My darling husband did mention something along the lines of "it's just family, who cares what the cake looks like"? I just wanted Brennyn to have the best first birthday at home! The second cake turned out just fine in the end! I'm so calm under pressure, the girls may have learned a new word yesterday (although I do believe they have already heard their daddy utter the same word while watching soccer).

3 comments:

  1. I think it is adorable, but it does take second to Brennyn. :-)
    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, but you should have seen the first cake. Guess I should have snapped a picture but I wanted to destroy the evidence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't even think of what that word might be??!! :)

    I'll tell you though, that cake is amazing Dayna, and Brennyn looks so chuffed. Look at that smile... I can't help but adore her!

    Jill

    ReplyDelete