Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Children are amazing

Brennyn is doing so well. You would never know she had surgery 5 days ago. She's been running around, trying to wrestle her sister, jumping off stairs (I think she's trying give her mother a heart attack).
I had to force her to watch Treehouse Sunday, just to get her to relax on the couch. Even then she said "no sleep on couch, it's not night-night time mommy".

The only sign that Brennyn is in any discomfort is her odd bout of crankiness. Oh, and she has been going to bed by 6:30 every night. Not by her choice, but she is asleep in seconds.

Her skin graft is starting to cause discomfort, but only because it is so itchy. Brennyn keeps telling me that she is so itchy. The surgical bandage comes off tonight and the surgical tape underneath will eventually fall off.

We go back to sick kids next week and the cast comes off. Blair and I decided to take Avery out of school that day so we can make it a family day. There is enough to do at Sick Kids that Avery will be entertained while we wait, and wait for the doctor to remove the cast.

I've mentioned this before, but I need to say it again, Sick Kids is an amazing hospital. It really is the best of the best, and I feel so comfortable and relieved that Brennyn is seeing a surgeon at that facility. Yes, unfortunately it takes so long to have surgeries done but at least you know they have so much experience working with children.

1 comment:

  1. It is great you live so close to sick kids. I've heard nothing but good things about it.

    And I'm so thrilled to hear little Brennyn is doing great. She is a real wee warrior and I know she gets through this now because of the love she's getting from you.

    So nice that you get to make it a family day when you go back to sick kids. That is special. It is nice for Brennyn too, to have that support.

    Jill

    ReplyDelete