Monday, January 17, 2011

Changes

I gave my 2 weeks notice at work today. I was actually emotional about it, I don't know what is going on with me, but I never used to cry or get sappy. Now, I cry at commercials. Anyway, the issue of working is something I have struggled with. I was only working part-time so I felt that the scheduling and time management would not be an issue.
I've worked for this company for almost 10 years (with a little parental leave thrown in now and again). I know it was only a retail job, but it was still 10 years, most of those years were full-time management.
They were great at working around my schedule, once I became a mother. It's just that lately, I haven't been able to give 100% and that isn't who I am.

I guess this forces me to start thinking about the future. Once the girls are in school full-time I am going to have to reevaluate what type of work I'd be interested in. Perhaps a return to school one of these days??

4 comments:

  1. Follow your heart, it is always hard to move on, but think of all of the new adventures.

    I am always up for me school, but that is just the mini-geek in me. I LOVE school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too Wendy. I always did love school (although I did get a little side-tracked in University and could have done better!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thinking of going back too. I had to postpone the PhD work, but I could do some certificate courses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, I'm sorry you're feeling emotional.

    I love being home with my girly, I'm planning on going back in September too. I work for CRA and I'm not liking the thought of going back at all! Which is weird, because I LOVE my job, maybe I should say loved!

    Jill

    ReplyDelete