Friday, January 14, 2011

Just got home from a mini-vacation to Niagara Falls. Perfect time to go if you like things quiet. There was nobody at the Falls when we went for a walk on the Wednesday, although that could have had something to do with the 20 cm of snow that was falling. Blair and I chuckled to ourselves, we drove an hour and half south (from the snow belt where we live) to the area of Ontario where it hardly snows only to be stuck in a snow storm. It was so beautiful to watch the snow from our room (we were upgraded to the 33rd floor with a fallsview room), knowing that we didn't have anywhere to go.
Back at the homefront, we left my parents with 2 sick children. I felt so guilty, didn't realize how sick they were. Honestly, they weren't that bad when we left, I even sent Avery to school that morning (which also made me feel guilty since I'm sure she has now infected her entire JK class). Just hope my parent's don't come down with a case of the flu.

Off to the allergist today, hoping for some answers. I think Brennyn has now seen an allergist, dermatologist, geneticist, surgeon, pediatrician and our family doctor. I often think how lucky it is that we live in a country with such great medical resources.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear the kids are sick. Sounds like you had a good time at the falls though. We went there on Valentine's before we had M (we were the only ones there too--it was frigid!). It is beautiful with the icy mist.

    Hope everyone feels better soon!

    M has a laundry list of docs too, comes with the territory I guess. Actually, I have quite the list myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is SO nice for you guys. You're smart to get out and enjoy some couple time alone. 2 years plus later and we still haven't had one single date night without our girl. It is part of my new years resolution though!

    Oh and I really badly want to see the falls in the winter.

    And I hope the kiddies feel better soon. and your parents are okay too! :)

    Jill

    ReplyDelete