Thursday, January 27, 2011

I know, still no pictures of the girls. I really should charge the battery for the camera and upload some.

So, Blair and I are thinking of booking a cruise for our 10 year anniversary this fall. I have been saving up for a dining room table for a couple of years but we've decided to use that money to vacation instead. I've only wanted a new table since we got married, but I guess I want a vacation more.
Okay, also my girls tend to be a little destructive and I would hate to spend money on a table for it to be scratched and dented in the first month (trust me, this would happen in the first day).
I do have a table (I keep it covered with a table cloth at all times, it was my parents table when I was growing up and it has all the scratches and dents from my brother and I).

We are also very fortunate to have both sets of grandparents who are able and willing to look after (SPOIL) our girls. We really don't have a lot of extra money so we'll be looking for the cheapest possible cabin (no captain suites for us, ha ha. We're inside cabin all the way, who needs natural light anyway). It's the airfare cost that is affecting our plans. I remember when you could fly to Florida for $200.00, not so much these days, yikes!
We just feel that it's too much money to take the girls on a cruise when they won't even remember it. Plus, I'd spend all my time worrying about my very active, climber of a 3 year old!
Also, it is kind of a milestone anniversary (gah, how can we be almost married 10 years. Seems like we were planning the wedding just yesterday).

2 comments:

  1. Great choice! I would be all for the vacation as well. Have a great time and fill us in on your plans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vacation over dining table...I would vote the same! :) Oh and for all the length of time you're in your room on a cruise, not worth the teeny tiny window! :)

    How exciting!
    Jill

    ReplyDelete