Saturday, March 12, 2011

Some answers

Finally, after almost a year of waiting on test results, the geneticist called. We have an answer. It turns out that I already knew the answer (don't know what people did before the internet), but it's better to have concrete results.

I'm not going to get into specifics on a public internet space. I'm just happy to have an answer. We have a long road ahead of us, but hopefully when we see the geneticist next month, they will be able to assist us. I just want to find some other families with children who have the same syndrome so Brennyn will have someone to talk to when she is older.

Again, I want to say how thankful that I am to live in this country. I don't know what we would have done if we didn't have access to such an amazing research hospital. There was no way that the people in China would have known what syndrome Brennyn has and to be honest, they would not have been able to afford the dental care she will need in the future.

I feel so blessed to have this little girl in my life. She is such a loving, adventurous, beautiful child. Actually, I should say how blessed I am to have both my beautiful girls in my life.

3 comments:

  1. If you are speaking of what I think you are, I know of a family in Canada whose child has the same issue and is in the middle of the dental nightmares. Let me know if you want to get in touch with her. Also, there is another family in the US (CO) that also has a child with the said syndrome and they may be a good resource.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks as always Wendy! You are such a great help. I think I have e-mailed the person in Canada months ago, before the official diagnosis. I could be wrong though and it's a different family. Yes, I would like to get in touch with them regardless. I have found an amazing internet site, with so much information but so far not much in Canada. Hoping that Sick Kids will also put us in touch with some families.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to hear that you now have concrete answers and can talk to others who haved walked and are walking the same journey as you.

    Yes, you are blessed! And you know it! :)

    Thinking about your little girl.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete