Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Holiday recap




Can't believe it is over already, but a great time was had by all. To say Avery was excited is an understatement.
Apparently, she knew she was going to get her Doctor kit. There was no way Santa was not bringing her that gift! She said on Christmas Eve "I can't wait to play with my doctor kit tomorrow". Blair did mention that Santa can't always bring what you ask for, but Avery said he would bring her a doctor kit. Good thing Santa came through (totally bought the kit while we were in China, shhhh).
Brennyn did not have a clue what was going on, and she was a tad grumpy when Mommy got her out of bed at 7:00am on Christmas morning. I swear I thought she was already awake, honest!
Brennyn loved her Elmo phone and doll from Nana.
Both girls have a love of chocolate just like their mother.

I was spoiled by my husband this year, and he even pulled a fast one (not easy to do, because I tend to be nosy).
Blair built up this last gift for me, in a nice big box. I started to open it and noticed it was a toaster. Now, not to be ungrateful, but a toaster was just not what I was looking forward to at Christmas. I tried to put on a happy face (let's just say that a few days earlier I had given Avery the talk about saying thank-you and being polite even when you open a gift you don't really like) but failed. I was a little annoyed with Blair, I mean really, a toaster. Plus, my mom had just given Blair a toaster a few days before and his mom bought us a convection oven (yes, we did need a new toaster).
Anyway, Blair told me that their was one more present in the other room. I recognized the wrapping and the shape of the box (I do work in a jewellery store).
I opened the box and started bawling like a baby.
I finally have my family ring, and I love it! Still amazed the girls at the store were able to keep it a surprise.

It was a wonderful Christmas with our two beautiful girls. I still pinch myself that I am a mother to these 2 girls and I could not be happier!

1 comment:

  1. I wanna see a photo of the family ring !

    Brennyn looks amazing :) I love her hair and the daddy kisses are just too sweet.

    Ava had similar attitude but hers was Achoo baby. Which of course she got. She was so excited ! haha

    Glad you had a great Christmas with your two baby girls :)

    ReplyDelete