Wednesday, December 2, 2009

These posts are a little jumpy. It's so difficult to accurately write about our trip 2 months later. The days begin to blend.

Blair and I quickly discovered that the Gloria hotel hallway was the place to be. Brennyn loved to run, and hide in that hallway. I think we heard her first giggle while she ran towards the elevator!
We bought a looney tunes beach ball, for about 25 cents. That was the best purchase ever. Brennyn could play with that ball for days. We would pass it back and forth, watch her attack the ball. Also, the first time we saw her "mean face". I wish I could get a picture of it. She gets this look when she is about to attack, her lips are pulled together, her eyes have this glint to them.
It's not quite as funny if she is about to say, bite someone but at least we can see it coming.

Anyway, back to the story:

Blair needed serious rest, so I would take Brennyn out and wander the streets of Xi'an. I became a pro at crossing the 8 lane road! I also became very familiar to the people at Wal-Mart and at our hotel.
I finally decided to take Brennyn out to eat. The first time did not go so well. I ordered something very greasy (and it was a noodle soup). The chopsticks were plastic so the noodles kept sliding around. Brennyn had a fit, we left. The staff were very, very helpful though. Especially one of the ladies. I wish I could thank her again. I did see her another time near the end of our stay. I wisely ordered fried rice with eggs, so much easier. The lady helped me get Brennyn out of her backpack, brought me lots of napkins, always checking on us. There were so many kind, friendly people in Xi'an. Yes, there were also a lot of people who would stare but that I was expecting. I enjoyed my time walking around with Brennyn, just hanging out. I also got a bonus workout, carrying a 30 pound child around.

No comments:

Post a Comment