Sunday, April 18, 2010

Good old Ontario weather and a day at the zoo





Saturday it was snowing/sleeting/cold/freezing, today was beautiful and sunny. I wouldn't trade where I live for anything. It's true, I don't looove the winter and once in awhile I may be caught dreaming about a condo in Florida. However, I do enjoy the changing of the seasons.
Where else can one live, where one day you need winter hats and mitts and the next day, sunglasses and sunscreen??

We spent an amazing day at the zoo today (good thing we planned on going today and not yesterday, because the zoo in a snowstorm just doesn't do it for me).
The girls loved looking at all the animals, Brennyn would point them out to Daddy.
Avery loved the monkeys the best, just like her mommy. Although, I was kind of partial to the Kamodo dragon. Not so partial to the Cobra or python, glass or no glass.
Avery was also very excited to see the Canadian geese, not sure why because we have tons of them in the pond up the street (and they hiss at us like they are possessed)
As an aside, my dream is to one day travel to the Galapagos islands and see many of these animals in their natural habitat (obviously not the geese, I'm talking dragons, etc.).
It was so nice to have a fun day out with friends, and as a family.

Oh, and as I was loading pictures of our zoo trip I realized that Brennyn has her eyes shut in almost every pic. Do you think she is trying to tell me she needs some shades??

No comments:

Post a Comment