Monday, April 5, 2010

Oh yes, the germs yet again

Only this time, they got to Avery. That's what I get for telling someone that very day this dreaded sentence "oh Avery, why she never seems to get sick. I think she has super immunity".
Yes, 24 hours later and my sweet girl turned into Linda Blair in poltergeist, tossing her cookies everywhere.
As usual, I handled the situation with extreme calm, screaming for my husband while trying not to gag.
I don't know what happened, usually vomit, poop, and any other lovely bodily function does not bother me. Oh, but that smell, it reduced me to a panic stricken crazy woman.
Poor Avery didn't know what to do. I don't believe she has been sick since she was 18 months old (and that was due to a screaming fit).

She did wake up the day before with a funny voice, very deep and raw. No cold or fever so I sent her to school the next morning. Thank goodness she didn't get sick until that afternoon at home.

Oh well, Avery was back to her regular self the next day, just in time to head to Grandma and Grandpa's for the Easter weekend. Where she proudly told everyone that she "barfed all over the place", with Brennyn making the appropriate noises in the background.

EDIT: Add 1 ear infection to the mix! Avery hasn't had an ear infection since she first came home from China. It's a nasty outer ear infection that doesn't look so pretty. Wow, this post is way TMI.

2 comments:

  1. Thankfully she is feeling better.

    Happy Easter to you !

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can always make a dreadful story sound funny!

    Hope she's feeling better from all the "barfing".

    Jill

    ReplyDelete