Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Now we wait

I just can't believe how well behaved Avery and Brennyn were yesterday at the clinic. Today is another story, but lucky for them I'm still so happy at yesterdays angelic performance I'll let them have a free pass.

It was such a long day for the girls. Brennyn had people touching her hands, measuring, weighing, taking pictures of everything (which she thought was great, the girl loves the camera now), and examining. She was so patient.
They were short staffed, so we had to wait while the doctor was called out. Avery and Blair went to play video games while Brennyn and I waited in the exam room. Yes, I totally fed my kid lunch in an exam room. What can you do, a girl has to eat. Thank goodness I thought ahead and brought lots of snacks.

At one point the doctor was returning with Blair and Avery and he said something to Avery about her big sister. Blair told the doctor that Avery was the big sister and the doctor just kept saying how tall Brennyn was. Poor Avery, her little sister is almost her height now and so it begins!

Brennyn was so great when she had her blood taken. Last time we had it done locally and it was not a good situation. I had to ask the techs. to stop. Brennyn was hysterical and they were poking around in her arm trying to find a vein. She had only been home 3 weeks at that point. I was expecting her to be the same this time, but she fooled me. Blair took her in, while Avery and I waited.
All the sudden Brennyn comes running up to me with 2 sheets of stickers, proud as can be. All she said was "ouch" when the lady put the needle in her hand (her veins in her arms are still not very good and this lady didn't even try them). Makes a big difference when you go to a children's hospital!

Didn't really get any answers yesterday. The doctor has a few things he would like to eliminate first. We won't have any results for at least 3 months, and that's even if there are any results. So another waiting game has begun. At least all the poking is done for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment