Tuesday, January 5, 2010

3 months



What a difference 3 months can make. Brennyn has come so far in such a short amount of time.
Daddy has even seen success on the potty training front! Have to give credit where credit is due. I was prepared to wait until spring to even start, but Blair dragged that potty out from the basement and voila!
Brennyn still responds better to Blair, she is very clingy and a little whiny around me still. Not nearly like she used to be, but there is still different behaviour for mom.

Brennyn has gone from not smiling to filling the room with laughter. This child has such an amazing smile and laugh. You can't help but feel happy as soon as you see that grin.

She is still a parrot, and big sister is the target. Brennyn copies every action, movement, facial feature and word said by her sister. Often I'll hear "DON'T DO EVERYTHING I DO ANYMORE". The biggest issue with this is that Brennyn is also a bit of a daredevil, as in she has no fear. Big sister jumps over the dog, well I should too. Unfortunately, Brennyn lacks the coordination Avery has.

These girls have totally different personalities. It is amazing watching them grow. Avery is shy and very reserved out in public. Brennyn is outgoing and chatty. Yes, Brennyn still would go to anyone, especially ladies and we are working on attachment. However,she really is an outgoing child.

We've had our share of medical difficulties with more to come. Brennyn has had some orphanage related illness which I won't go into. She also had her first visit to the dentist and her teeth are not in good shape.
The dentist feels that she was malnourished and a very sick little girl which has led to teeth issues. It looks like she has had very, very high fevers and lots of them. It really makes me wish the orphanage would give a more detailed health report to the adoptive parents. We'll never know with certainty what illness she did have, although I have a hunch.

The biggest change in my daughter would have to be the affection. She is one cuddly little monkey who loves to give kisses. Brennyn will run into the room and plant a big wet kiss on my knee (if I'm standing). I love her big sloppy wet kisses.

These last 3 months have not been easy, but I would not change a minute of it!

1 comment:

  1. Awww, that's beautifully written. She sounds like such a darling little girl, who's been through a lot, but has come out the other side smiling....and giving slobbery kisses. There's nothing like it! The kisses I mean!

    Happy 3 months together!
    Jill xx

    ReplyDelete