Sunday, September 4, 2011




Been at the beach, trying to cram as much fun time into this summer as possible. Tuesday is the big day, the end of summer, back to school!

Anyway, been doing more chatting on QQ with Avery's birth cousin. He was able to visit with Avery's family a few weeks ago and took a picture of the whole family. We are forever grateful to this young man, who I'm sure has better things to do than chat with a middle aged Canadian woman (he's in university and says that he is happy to correspond with me so he can practise his english). Still, he doesn't have to take pictures to Avery's family for me, or ask my 500 questions!

I'm trying to decide if I should send a package of some Canadian goodies to him and to Avery's family. I don't want to be pushy. I do know how happy that Avery's birth mom and dad are to get regular pictures.
I know how happy we are to get pictures of them. Avery's sisters are gorgeous, I must add. Avery looks so much like her one sister. It gives me an idea of what Avery will look like in 15 years! Honestly, it's uncanny how much they look alike.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! It would be a good time as mid-autumn festival is next week. You could arrange moon cakes to be delivered or just send a care package with Canadian goodies. Don't overthink it, but just give things you guys enjoy and want to share, especially foods.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me want to find A's Birthfamily. Thinking, thinking, thinking ! lol

    I agree, a care package would be nice. Maple syrup in a can, some Tim's coffee. Nothing extravagant, just a thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is SO neat you have this connection to Avery's family. According to the birth parent analysis we got, it looks like it could be like finding a needle in a haystack for us. :( But I haven't ruled anything out yet. There is always the police and the hospital if Brian goes over some time.

    Love that you are keeping that connection alive.

    Jill

    PS - Beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete