Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Happy Brennyn Day

Tomorrow is Brennyn's second adoption day (we call it Brennyn day around here). Two years since we climbed those stairs into that room and saw her little face for the very first time. She didn't care who was in that room, she was too busy looking at flyers, checking all the people out and exploring. Once I brought that food out, things changed. From that moment on, she has been glued to my side. Sure, she may not have liked me very much that first week, but she figured that I was the one feeding her so I must be okay. Brennyn had a big bruise on her cheek, we never did figure out what it was from (although we think it was from the CWI staff pinching her cheeks to make sure she wasn't keeping food in there). Yes, Brennyn had food issues, we woke up after that first night to find pieces of cucumber and noodles stuck in her gums and cheeks. She ate so fast, we couldn't go out to a restaurant because she screamed if we didn't get the food in fast enough. Not going to lie, it was the hardest 2 weeks of my life, that time in China with Brennyn and a sick husband. We spent many an hour wandering around the streets of Xi'an, just me and a 25 pound 2 year old in the carrier on my back (Brennyn hated the stroller). In the end, I think that time aided our bonding. The memories of the hard times fade quickly, because you are more than worth every second of it. I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat, even knowing how difficult it was. You are such an amazing, special child. You light up a room, and make the grouchiest person crack a smile. You have gone through so much in the first 4 years of your life, but you still have such a happy, go lucky personality (most of the time). It amazes me how much you love people. Gosh, you do know how to get into trouble though, you just can't control your curiosity! What can I say Brennyn, we are blessed to have you in our life and to be able to call you daughter! Happy second Brennyn Day!

2 comments:

  1. Happy 2nd Brennyn Day !

    Such a beautiful, vibrant wee soul :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful girl, it is more than obvious, just from reading this blog, that you are loved from the inside out.

    Happy Brennyn Day.

    Jill

    ReplyDelete