Thursday, September 29, 2011

It's finally happened, the words have been spoken

Yes folks, my 5 1/2 year old has finally uttered the words that every parent just loves to hear "I hate this family". Really, how should one respond to that. I'm tempted to go the sarcasm route myself but that's the way I roll. However, I kept it in check and just calmy said "those are not very nice words to say Avery", followed by "what type of family would you prefer"? To which, Avery responded "one that let's me do whatever I want" (complete with an eye roll). Good luck with that kiddo. As an aside, Avery was upset because Brennyn would not remove her doll from her bed at her bedtime because Avery happened to be in the mood to listen to Brennyn's story at bedtime. Gah, how dare Brennyn not remove her own doll from her own bed so her sister could scam her way into extra stories (Avery goes to bed after Brennyn).

No comments:

Post a Comment