Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Frustrating

I knew the search for Avery's birth sister would be difficult, if not impossible. I mean, we've barely come to terms ourselves with finding Avery's birth family, never mind looking for another member of the family. Yet, I can't stop myself. Not just for Avery's sake (of course I want to find her birth sister so she can have contact) but for this girl. Perhaps her parent's don't want to have a relationship with birth family, perhaps they don't even think it's possible?? Yet, here I sit looking at pictures of the family in China. Wouldn't everyone want that for their child? As I mentioned before, as an adoptee myself, I know how important pictures of your birth family can be. Just to have that chance to see what your biological relatives look like is priceless. I know, some people think it's not important, but trust me, it is. It just takes away that guessing game. That is why I am doing this. I worry about posting on the chat groups, but at the same time, I feel it's my best starting point. I just don't want to put too much out there because this is my daughter we are talking about, and again, as mentioned before, this is her story to tell one day.

1 comment:

  1. I have a friend who found a sibling in the US after finding and contacting Guat. birth parents. If you are interested she is also my friend on fb. Maybe she could help you navigate the waters and talk about the issues she has faced--they are not interested in the birth family. My friend is also adopted and I think you too would find a lot to chat about sharing these journeys. Just let me know.

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete