Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Nothing to report on the search

Guess I'm a little discouraged. I knew that it would be very difficult to locate Avery's birth sister, but it's still disappointing. I'm going to attempt to e-mail the Norwegian adoption agencies one more time and see if they will assist me. I wonder what my agency would do if someone e-mailed them from another country looking for a birth relative?? I'm wondering if this has ever happened?

It's difficult when most adoptive families don't believe it's possible to find birth family in China. It's not easy, and it's still fairly rare, but it's happening more and more. There are even birth families in China searching from that end. There are adoptees starting to search for their birth parents as well. Trust me, it's happening, the walls are starting to come down slowly.

2 comments:

  1. I have tried commenting on your blog for a while now about your search, but couldn't. I hope others aren't having problems too.

    Thinking about you. I know how much this means to you. I would be doing the same thing. Just try everything, even the agency...then you know you did as much as you could.

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeahhhh, it worked! Glad to see blogger fixed the issue... :)

    ReplyDelete